Whether you are planning a move into your new home or just moving across the country, knowing how to avoid injury when moving house is vital. Even though packing your belongings for moving is easy and can be done within a few hours’ time, not knowing how to pack your things properly will result in damage to your belongings, health problems, and more. Packing things correctly will ensure that they do not break down in transit, and that they are safe and sound when you finally get to your new home.
Prepare Your Move With Caution
If you are planning to move into a new home or are already in the process, it is very important for you to learn about the basic things that you need to be familiar with in order to avoid injury when moving house.
- One of the best ways that you can avoid injury when packing and moving your belongings is by learning how to read the labels on the boxes that you will be using to transport your belongings, and also how to use packing tape to secure your items in place. It is also a good idea to learn how to properly use jackscrews to help you keep your belongings in their proper place.
- Another way that you can avoid injury while moving home is by ensuring that you know how to safely stack boxes and furniture inside of them. This can save you from having to spend an unnecessary amount of money on moving and packing fees.
- It is also important for you to ensure that all of the boxes that you are going to use during the move are completely secure.
- In addition to these, it is also important for you to check out all of the local codes and requirements before you start the move in order to make sure that everything goes as planned.
Following these simple steps that you can do before you start the move will ensure that your home remains safe and sound while you move all of your possessions to your new home.
Wear Comfortable Clothes
Whether you are a novice or an experienced mover, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment during movement into your new residence can help to prevent injury.
Many people make the mistake of not wearing any protective gear at all when packing for moving day. This can be a big mistake, as these kinds of packing supplies can and will save your life!
Wearing a hard hat is a very basic item that should always be included in your gear bag no matter what kind of job you are doing. You never know when you might need one during an unexpected visit from a potentially dangerous neighbour or when you are overcome with the stress of making the move to a new house.
If you are properly dressed with protective padding, this will greatly reduce the chances of receiving an injury from an object that might accidentally fall and damage your head or other parts of your body.
Wearing a proper pair of protective glasses even when the sun is shining is a very smart idea as well. This will ensure that you have adequate eyesight even when there are bright sunny days outside your new abode.
Your new living quarters might require that you keep your personal protective equipment within easy reach in case of accidents while doing daily tasks like cooking, cleaning, or attempting to lift heavy objects.
In addition to this you can avoid injury by focusing on making your move into your new home a stress-free experience rather than an ordeal.
Wear protective layers over your clothes
Make Use Of Correct Lifting Techniques
A lot of people have been injured in the process of moving homes or just simply trying to do a good job while handling the moving process.
- One of the common injuries is from lifting something that is way too heavy. This can happen to people when they are lifting things as part of the routine of moving their house.
- It is not always in a person’s control what he or she is lifting. It can be anything from furniture to appliances. There is a time when people have been injured by this but it is always better to be safe than sorry.
- To avoid injury when moving house, it is important for a person to know the basic about how to move these things. Before beginning the move, one should make sure that all of the items that are needed for the move are in good condition and are not damaged in any way.
- One should consider the safety of those who will be moving as well. This is so important especially when it comes to the safety of children who may be accompanying the family in the move.
- A household appliance or furniture can be one of the most expensive things to move thus it is important for a homeowner to find proper lifting techniques for these things.
- If there are damages done on it, there should be a procedure on how to repair it or how to prevent it from being damaged again in the near future.
- This is necessary so that one will not end up spending more money in the future for repairs.
Before starting the move, a household appliance or furniture should be lifted carefully. It is recommended that a professional company is hired to do this since there could be equipment involved and this might not be easy to deal with.
Phone-a-friend/Professional For Help
People need to be aware of the risks and hazards to be done while moving.
- It is recommended to hire a professional company for this job so that no one gets hurt while shifting their belongings.
- The company will take care of all the necessary preparations and requirements for the moving. They will also inform about all the necessary formalities with respect to insurance coverage and other documents.
- People can also make use of the resources like the internet, yellow pages and other sources to find a reputable company.
Before starting to move, it is recommended to have a checklist so that the entire process will be smooth and hassle free. This checklist will help you identify any issue or danger that may pose a problem when you are moving.
- The moving prices are based on the size and weight of the belongings, the type of furniture and appliances, and the location of the house.
- You can even call a friend for help in case of a moving disaster.
Many people face difficulties when they have to move. However, these types of situations can be easily avoided with the right planning and preparation. People should also take precautions to keep themselves safe while making any kind of move.
Make Use Of Correct Moving Equipment
While going for home moving, people should know some safety precautions that need to be followed so that they can avoid any kind of physical harm or injury.
- The first step in this regard is to have all the right equipment ready with you when moving from one place to another. It is the moving equipment that poses a threat and is the reason why people face injuries when moving from their homes to other places.
- Therefore, the moving professionals as well as other people have to ensure that all the equipment is ready before beginning the relocation process.
Those people who will move their families and their belongings for the first time need to be sure about the equipment that they will carry so that in case they face any kind of difficulty or problem, they can easily take help from the professionals and can easily manage the situation.
- In the modern day homes, everything including the electrical appliances needs to be handled with extreme care and with utmost caution.
- Therefore, people have to ensure that the equipment like the dishwashers are maintained properly and in an appropriate manner.
- While going for the home relocation, people should keep in mind about the safety of the items that they have packed so that they can easily get them during the move.
- They should not pack their personal belongings in a hurry as they need to take time in packing the things.
- This will help them in avoiding the chances of damaging the valuable things like computers, jewellery, watches and other such valuable items when moving from their old homes to the new home.
Moving is an easy task but people should make it safe as they do not want to experience the pain after the relocation process. Therefore, home moving should be carried out with complete attention and care.
Prepare The Work-Environment
Moving house is both a fun and a stressful time, especially if you haven’t done it before and you don’t know where to start. Follow the basic steps that you should take to help yourself from any accidents while moving your belongings and furniture from one place to another.
Room Setup: The first thing to do is to prepare all the rooms for the move in the exact way they will look after the move in.
- Make sure that the rooms are well organized and there are no items that are left behind or broken that might cause troubles to the new owner once they get back home.
- You may also need to organize your closet and shelves. If there are boxes that have different sizes and contents, put them accordingly so as not to cause problems when unpacking at the new location.
- Also, make sure that you label everything clearly to prevent any mix-ups when repacking at the new place.
Staging: After setting up your things, the next thing that you should do is to set up some stage props for your move. For example, if you are planning to move your furniture, you can set them on the floor in front of the door and leave them there until you are ready to move them.
- As an alternative, you could use dollies that can be put underneath the furniture to allow you easy access. This will prevent your family from tripping over them and getting hurt.
Protect Your Furniture
You can protect your furnishings and other items when moving house by simply following a few simple steps.
- If you are unsure about how to proceed, there are professional movers that will be able to provide you with advice as well as the appropriate equipment for the job.
- As with all major home moves it is important to plan ahead and ensure that everything goes according to plan.
- By simply making a checklist of the items you need in advance, you should be able to get the whole move done without a hitch. This will leave you free to do whatever you want to do in your new house including getting up and going to work on your daily routine!
One of the most important things to remember is that your furniture is one of the most expensive things you will buy during a move.
- It is important that you shop around for the best deals so that you do not have to spend a great deal of money replacing your furniture once it has been damaged.
- When packing your belongings, it is best to use boxes and plastic storage containers to keep your stuff safe.
- Try to avoid using furniture and other heavy items in heavy boxes as the weight could cause damage to both the items and to the fragile walls.
- Once your house is clear of all items that cannot be moved, take photos of the entire room and put them in protective folders.
- The next step to avoid injury when moving house is to carefully inspect all areas of your home that may lead to possible contact with objects that could damage your furnishings.
- Make sure that you are aware of any loose wire, nails or staples so that you do not accidentally pull them, which could result in a broken limb.
Keep Injuries At Bay While Moving By Contacting Us!!
Do you have to pay for the removal and packing of your belongings as well as paying for the insurance if you move your home by yourself? Then the best option for you would be to contact the professionals such as us for the valuable service that we offer.
We can help you save both time and money when it comes to moving house.
By dialling at 1800 958 013, our professional relocating company in Melbourne stands as one of the best decisions you could ever make!
It would be very wise to contact our professional executives to help you with the insurances and other details involved in relocating your home. This way you can be assured that you will not face any issues with the insurance while at the same time you get the help you need to ensure that everything is done right.
Having professional movers or packers and loaders at your disposal like us would be a great advantage to you and your family. The best thing about hiring a reputed professional like us is that they have the right equipment and they know how to use them to their benefit so that you will not have to worry about anything at all!